Vigilante Vegan to Calm Carnivore



How It Started

My journey with disordered eating began when I was 7 years old and it often landed me in the hospital or an inpatient treatment center for anorexia or bulimia. As an adult I began to binge eat without purging which made me obese. Oi. I have put my body through the wringer - what a mess. 

Back in 2016, I went full force into anorexic behaviors and then funneled that into veganism. I don't want to spend too much time going into this but let's just say that I was fully indoctrinated by the toxic vegan community. Any community has the potential to become toxic because we are flawed humans. 

I went HARD on the vegan thing, which can still be found on my older YouTube videos from that era. I pushed all of the documentaries that I later found out were PAID for BY the companies selling us vegan food. The data presented is confirmation bias : only present material that matches your belief. That's just a fancy way to say what it really is : A LIE. 

However, for the first two years as a vegan, I felt AMAZING. How can something be bad when it helped me feel so good? Well, anytime you switch from a SAD [Standard American Diet] way of eating, you will see marked improvements. Whether it's clean eating, vegan/vegetarian, carnivore, keto, etc. If you dump all the processed and junk foods, your body will respond positively. 

On July 9th, 2018, I had a pulmonary embolism. That's a blood clot in your lung. I had to go on these absolutely awful injections that hurt worse than a c-section - and I have had six c-sections. A couple of the doctors tried to tell me that my intake of kale and spinach was very high and that it would be difficult to consume those and still regulate my blood thinners. But being vegan is super healthy and these are super foods, right? That's what the FDA and doctors tell you so it must be true. *insert eye roll emoji*

It's not. 


The Journey Continues 

In 2021, after the death of our youngest child, the grief and depression sent me spiraling and I lost weight very quickly. It was hard to eat. I didn't want to end up sick so I tried to eat keto to stabilize and keep from plummeting. It helped! I used a lot of recipes from Trim Healthy Mama and even used keto meal deliveries to keep it interesting and fresh. 

But then the flip side of grief came. The side where I stopped caring and started overeating. I gained about 40 lbs. back of the 70 lbs. I lost in 2022. I retreated into myself. More anxious, more depressed and eventually in chronic unbelievable physical pain. 

Test after test and finally coming down to a possible cancer diagnosis [one of the last tests for my bones] and needed a spinal tap, but I needed a break from the scares and tests. I even tried chiropractors but still couldn't walk. Had to call an ambulance after I tried to drive to the hospital and couldn't press the brake or walk on my own. It was actually terrifying. My husband was really scared and so were my kids. What was going on?

I decided to try to heal my body to see if it was something less serious. If there is one thing I do well, it's research. It's an autism thing for me. Surely if the cause was super serious they would have found it in any of the first dozen tests. Obviously I know it doesn't always work out that way, but I had an idea this might be the case for me. 

I had already removed seed oils and super processed foods. I was still eating a lot of veggies and homemade bread [spoiler alert, I am not against homemade bread at all]. Then I went more keto, because it is familiar and I know that I have had success before. 

Then I heard about carnivore. It seemed too extreme, but I was desperate and I agreed to at least do 30 days as an elimination diet and then add one item back in at a time. After two weeks, I was down 15 pounds and I felt like I could conquer the world. SO much energy! 

There's no meal plan to follow so I found it MUCH easier than keto. You just eat meat, eggs and dairy. I've tried eliminating dairy or eggs to make sure they weren't causing issues, I'm find with both. 

We slowly transitioned our kids, they still eat some carbs through berries, mango, melons, homemade French bread or bakery sourdough bread [the kind with only the 3 key ingredients], and they started growing SUPER fast. My boys were already tall but the growth spurts have been scary impressive. 


How It's Going 

Our second daughter is down almost 40 pounds now, I'm down almost 30 pounds and my husband is down a staggering almost 80 pounds. In four months. I would like to have lost a lot more weight but I've had other positive benefits that were cool : my eyesight improved. Each eye doctor visit by vision gets worse, and at my most recent appointment it was BETTER. Mind blown. I didn't know that was a positive side effect I could expect, but it is pretty common in the carnivore & ketovore communities I'm in. 

The joint and bone pain that made me unable to walk was gone in a week. The arthritis disappeared in the first three days. DAYS. That's how fast I got better. I feel much more healthy and energetic and that's worth everything to me. My health is a benefit to my family. 

As always, do your own research. I have listed many resources below. All I share is my experience with things and ideas here. Veganism almost killed me, eating meat gave me my life and health back. 


My husband down 76lbs. from January 2024 to April 2024.


Fat Fiction Documentary 
Not paid for by any company trying to sell you anything, just an honest look at data, facts and truth.




Books to Check Out

YouTube Channels to Help You

No Nonsense Supplements
  • Electrolytes : You NEED to stay on top of this from the beginning or you will be tired. Pink salt [Himalayan salt] on your food. Sometimes you might not get enough if you're not used to taking salt like that. Anytime in the beginning when I had junk food craving or was feeling tired I would take a pinch of pink slat and felt better within 15 minutes. But I also like to drink tasty electrolytes so I've tried to top two CLEAN brands - everything else is junk at the grocery store - so stick with LMNT and/or SALTT. The former is more expensive, but my favorite flavors from LMNT are watermelon, grapefruit, raspberry, and mango chili. For a hot drink I like the Chocolate Caramel, Chocolate Mint & Chocolate Raspberry. The SALTT [their branding has a fun beachy vibe], less expensive and my favorite flavors are mondo melon, stoked mango, endless summer and booyah berry. I also love the coco loco and caramel vibes as coffee replacements. I got a variety pack of each to try initially then just ordered my favorite flavor or two. I drink two per day. 
  • Cheaper electrolyte option if you don't want to drink it or just stick to pink salt you can take tablets : Electrolyte Tablets. My husband and my daughter take 2-4 of these each day [2 for Brie and 4 for Daren] 
  • Beef Organs : If you don't want to eat beef organs but want to reap the benefits : My husband tried a couple but buys his locally and only likes this one : Codeage Grass Fed Beef Organs. I now take Primal Queen [on subscription] and I will do a whole separate blog post that updates on 30 days, 60 days, 90 days and then 6 months and a year. That one is specifically for women and their hormone balancing needs and it's only 2 pills per day whereas the ones I was taking before were 4-6 daily. The ones I took before were just Beef Liver and I liked the energy boost, just hated swallowing them. 



keep it simple, mamas.

pax & aloha, 

Jane

Comments

Popular Posts